Tuesday, August 26, 2008

A new school year with new opportunities has begun!

I am a speech therapist working in grades K-12. It amazes me that although I live in a relatively rural area the needs are great and I have a caseload of more than 40 children. As a child I was shy and quiet but I grew up with a love of teaching. I love to work in the public schools where I currently work with children who have speech and language needs and who are mentally disabled, autistic, with syndromes such as Fragile X and Downs. I provide services for students who are deaf, emotionally fragile, and who are not intelligible or easily understood. I find great joy in my work and I am glad the 2008-09 school year has begun and look forward to the challenges and the rewards which will be mine!

2 comments:

Becca said...

What a great opportunity to provide these services for these children. We know you as fun, loving Aunt Francie. We forget you have a whole other life of teaching these children. Thank you.

Suze Gustafson said...

What fun! I can see all is wonderful and fun at your house, with new babies and fun family events. So glad you shared.
Thanks