Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Birthday Memories

It was my birthday on Monday, September 15, and it was a good one because I shared it with those I love. I remember Mom and Dad telling me that on the day I was born my Dad finished threshing the beans. Mom knew she was in labor and waited until the harvest was completed. LaRae and Cheryl were in the catalogs cutting out paper dolls and the living room was cluttered with bits of paper but Mom didn't mind because they were safe and playing together. I print the canning picture because I did can on my birthday as my mother often did! Peaches are ripe on September 15. Jill came for the week-end and we spent time together canning peaches and pears. I love the look of fruit and vegetables in jars!! I am grateful for another lesson taught me by my mother!!
After an afternoon of canning we went up to Shell, Wyoming and ate supper at Trapper Creek Lodge. It was a beautiful and memorable evening.
Jake, Jill and Grace were able to join us and we returned for the first time to Trapper where Jill and Jake were married. Jill stopped and introduced Grace to the spot where the wedding took place.
Our Three Generation Picture! We wish it could be a Four Generation Picture! I am missing my Mother more since Grace has been born than I have for awhile. She would have loved to watch Jill as a Mother and would have loved to hold and care for Grace.
Jake and Jill gave me a beautiful gift. It is a necklace I will treasure wearing! Birthdays are welcome when we have so much fun together!!




3 comments:

Becca said...

What a great birthday. I have done a little canning lately and haven't done as much as you did, wow. Those pictures look beautiful, I love the three generation picture. I'm sure you will get many more of those as Grace grows.

Megan said...

I thought about you on your birthday and it seems like you sure had a wonderful weekend and a busy day. I would have to agree that peaches are ready September 15th I am going to be canning all day tomorrow. (peaches and pears)Your jars look so good that I can't wait to start and then enjoy.

Anny said...

Happy Birthday! It sounds like you had a great day! I love the 3 generation picture, you all look great!