Wednesday, September 3, 2008


This week my thoughts have been of my sister, LaRae. She was a very important part of my life. She died on Labor Day six years ago. The coming of Autumn is always filled with nostalgia
as we remember LaRae, Dad, Matt, and Mom who passed away in Sept, Oct, Nov, and Jan.
We are fortunate that our memories are wonderful and such treasures. I am attaching a picture of LaRae in the dentist's office. It was taken in March of 2002. The dentist is her son, Sam, and his assistant is her son, Clint. I was priviledged to be seated at her feet reading her the story, "The Daughter of a King". It truly is LaRae's story. I am so grateful for that memory and the opportunity I had to be with her that day.

3 comments:

Becca said...

What a great memory. I have tears in my eyes. LaRae was a true daughter of a king. I might need to get that picture from you, unless I can get it from here to the computer.

Becca said...

Thank you Francie, I didn't know this picture existed, and I think it's the only one like this that I have seen. Thank you. Love Sam.

Anny said...

Francie, thanks for the invite to your blog. It will be fun to see how your family is doing. Congratulations on becoming a grandma! Jill was so cute with my boys at the Oleson reunion, she will be a great mom! I love this picture of LaRae too. She was an amazing woman! I love all the Oleson family!