Thursday, November 20, 2008

Remembering Matthew

I look at the blogs and enjoy seeing the pictures of young mothers busy with their children and recall the wonderful years when my children were small. I loved becoming and being a mother to Jill and Matt. They were delightful and beautiful children and I always enjoyed being in their company. We had alot of fun together and it is a great blessing being an eternal family.
Our family truly wasn't complete until our Matt joined us in 1986. Jill was born just two years earlier in 1984. This is our first family picture with the four of us together. It was taken just after Matt had arrived from a long journey from Korea. He smiled and smiled and so did we!!
Yesterday, November 19th, was the anniversary of Matt's death. We miss him. He is always in our thoughts and our prayers. We cherish all the sweet memories we have of him and love him more with each passing day. We feel him close to us and are filled with gratitude once again that we are an eternal family. The picture above is a picture Matt chose to put on my computer as a screen saver many many years ago. It represents serenity for me and always reminds me of my Matthew.

3 comments:

Megan said...

Aunt Francie,
I love the thoughts on Matt. I reflected on Matt on the 19 and remembered his smile. He had a wonderful smile. I to am grateful for eternal families and can't wait to reunite with all of our loved ones. It brings me much joy knowing that we will all be together again. I love being a mother and even a busy one. I was reading the ensign this month and remember when the prophet spoke of just simply enjoying the journey. What a wonderful journey we all have been given it is up to us how we face it. I need to slow down and just remember the simple things that my kids and I did that day, then I think I will even have more Joy in my life. You are an inspiration to me and I love you very much.

Amy 'n Clint said...

Oh how we miss our Matt! Thanks for sharing your pictures, history, and thoughts. We love you and we love Matt!

Becca said...

This is a bit late, I have hardly had time to look on blogs and I wanted to make sure I had "time" to comment on yours. Ever since I have been apart of this family, I have noticed how happy your's are. Jill and Matt have been your pride and joy. I am so glad to have known Matt, we miss him as well and enjoy watching the little video we have of him. I will make that dvd for you, it may be after the Holidays. I am thankful for your example in all you do. I am thankful for enternal families and love the picture that Matt chose as well. Thank you for sharing. We love you. Becca